2016 – Cress Creek Commons Tennis
Summer Tennis Program
We are very pleased to again offer a Summer Tennis Program in the Commons. Gus Fernandes will be our new head professional. Gus played on the professional ATP tour and was a Top 5 NCAA college tennis player. He is on the Northern Illinois USTA Competition Board. Gus has wins over #1 ATP players in the world. As a junior player, he played in all grand slam tournaments. Gus coached several Division I college players, #1 high school local players and several nationally ranked players.
Fernandes Tennis Academy is where he trains and develops new athletes. His new professional endeavor is Eola Tennis Academy, a new indoor tennis facility located on Eola Road and set to open in 2016. For more info: http://www.eolatennis.com.
Gus will offer a summer kick off Tennis Welcome and Open House, free of charge, on Saturday June 4th. Kids all ages are welcome 4-5 p.m. and an adult Cardio class 5:15-6 p.m. Session one registration deadline is June 1, please see other registration deadlines and information below, and on the Cress Creek Commons website.
Gus is also a Commons resident. He and his wife, Nicole, moved to Cress Creek in May of 2013 along with his kids Anderson (10) and Rachel (16). Anderson plays tennis at FTA. Rachel plays golf at Naperville North High School. Gus and Nicole also participate in yoga, and are looking forward to meeting residents at the new pool side yoga classes.
2016 Cress Creek Commons Summer Tennis Program:
1st Session: June 7th – July 9th
2nd Session: July 12th – August 13th
June 1st (Session 1), July 7th (Session 2)
Junior Registration: http://www.eolatennis.com/junior-summer-program.html
Adult Registration: http://www.eolatennis.com/adult-summer-program.html
Minimum of 3 participants per class required
Class Days Time Ages Fee/Session
Sprouts Tue. & Thur. 9:15-10:00am 4-6 Years $72
Aces Tue. & Thur. 10:00-11:00am 11-12 Years $96
Stars Tue. & Thur. 11:00-11:45am 7-8 Years $72
Champions Tue. & Thur. 12:00-1:00pm 9-10 Years $96
Challengers Tue. & Thur. 1:00-2:00pm 13-15 Years $96
Adult Beginner Tue. & Thur. 7:00-8:00pm 18+ Years $96
Cardio Tennis Saturday 11:00-12:00pm 15+ Years $48
Cardio Tennis Drop in Saturday 11:00-12:00pm 15+ Years $12/hour
(minimum 3 participants required)
Private Lessons with Head Professional Gus Fernandes $60/hour, 5 lessons for $280 or 10 lessons for $500
Private Lessons with Staff Professional $50/hour, 5 lessons for $200 or 10 lessons for $300
** Cardio Tennis is less instruction based and more fitness based. It is a class for all skill levels
· Classes that do not meet the minimum enrollment will be cancelled, and you will receive an email. All monies for classes that do not meet the minimum will be refunded in full.
· Participants may have to change classes due to ability level. This is at the coaching staff’s discretion.
· If classes are cancelled due to inclement weather (rain or excessive heat), there will be make-up days. However, there is a maximum of 2 make-up days per session. What constitutes inclement weather is determined by the coaching staff.
· Due to the need for advanced planning (staffing, equipment purchases, scheduling, etc.) there will be no refunds granted. Exceptions to this rule will be based on extreme circumstances as determined by the coaching staff.
· Non-Cress Creek residents are allowed to participate, but will only be added to a class after
· Cress Creek residents are placed first (Cress Creek Commons residents have priority). Also, there is a $10.00 non-resident fee (per person/per session)
· To register go to www.eolatennis.com/junior-summer-program.html for our junior programs or www.eolatennis.com/adult-summer-program.html for our adult programs and cardio tennis
· Fill in required information
· Choose class (contact us if you have any questions in this regard)
· Pay using credit card or PayPal
For weather updates and program info updates please check Cress Creek Commons Tennis on Twitter:
Follow @cresstennis https://mobile.twitter.com/cresstennis
Group Tennis Information
In additional to the Summer Tennis Program there is also a Ladies’ and Men’s Tennis Group. The Ladies’ and Men’s Tennis Groups are great way to get out and play tennis. The ladies play on Monday and Wednesdays from 8-10 a.m. These times are open to all ladies in the Commons. Please contact Jan Johnson (630-355-8708 or
) for additional details. The guys meet on Wednesday evenings from 6-9 p.m. and Saturday mornings from 8-10 a.m. All levels are welcome. Victor Chang (
) has additional details if you are interested. Thank you Jan and Victor for all your help and leadership with the tennis groups.